Click the links below to read the full articles.
Dance Prodigy Studios Earns YPAD Certification
Local dance studio becomes one of the only 3 studios in all of Texas to earn certification – holding to a higher standard of integrity in dance education
Greenville, Texas: January 24th, Dance Prodigy Studios, a local dance studio providing dance classes for ages 18 months-adult announced that they have earned YPAD (Youth Protection Advocates in Dance) Certified status.
Becoming YPAD Certified means they are committed to age appropriate artistic choices and healthy teaching techniques and behaviors to nurture the Holistic wellness of their students. Educators at YPAD Certified studios are committed to being positive role models both in person and online and are committed to keeping youth happy, healthy, and safe in all dance environments.
The faculty and staff of Dance Prodigy Studios completed the training on January 24th, 2019.
“I am SO proud and excited to announce that Dance Prodigy Studios is one of the first 3 dance studios in all of Texas to be YPAD Certified! We have always held to these values and this certification authenticates our promise to our community. The promise that we provide a safe, happy and healthy atmosphere for our dance families as well as our community.” – Rachel Arnold, owner of Dance Prodigy Studios
There is no governing body for dance education for children, and no legal requirements for education or certification for studio owners or dance instructors. Organizations in the dance industry who willfully become YPAD Certified subscribe to a higher standard of integrity and accountability through education using evidence based research over opinion regarding best practices with youth in dance.
To achieve the YPAD Certification status, the faculty/staff at Dance Prodigy Studios completed the following requirements:
- Online Certification that covers modules on emotional and physical healthy and sexual safety of youth in performing arts
- Background checks for every employee
- CPR certification for all core staff who could be supervising children
- All staff signed and agreed to standards ensuring safety for children in social media, abuse observation and reporting, bullying, physical health and injury, age appropriate artistic choices and more
- Emergency Plan implementation
- Youth Protection Advocates in Dance is dedicated to building empowered dance communities and keeping youth happy, healthy and safe in all dance environments. To find out more please visit www.ypad4change.org.